Thursday 11 December 2014

Silence In The Crowd

I do this for many reasons. I am sat in a flat for many reasons. I am in this country and not another for many reasons. I write, I write in a blog, I write with a pen in a cafe, I write on a typewriter, each of these for many reasons.
I am a vegetarian. I am an avid reader of fiction and non-fiction and all the shades in between. I steer clear of cakes, biscuits, fizzy drinks without a problem. I am unhappy. I hope the future offers something else. I feel like an outsider in the company of most people. A friendly stranger is better than a mediocre friend. I prefer to have a few friends if they are willing to try than a mountain of passive acquantances. I fear that I am treading all too familiar ground. I state the obvious. I state the abstract in the hopes that you will play along. I am starved.
Verbal jousting. Verbal foreplay. Written masturbation. They are all words, they can all be the same, but it's the context that defines them. There is nothing better than a connection, through body or mind, the interlocking is filling. Blogging is a lonely game of touching yourself for others to see. Exposing something of you in the hopes that it piques an interest for another in some peculiar way.

And all of this, what does it mean?
It's not hard to figure out.
I'll let you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment