Thursday 21 February 2013

Correlations and Kittens

Every time you masturbate God kills a kitten.
I'll be honest, it's been a massacre.

But do you think these two are related, or was it just that the relative average of kitten-killing to masturbation was pretty similar? Do they have to be happening because of the other?
Let us say that there are a billion ant deaths a day, and a billion footsteps made.
Or ten spiders become human sized a year, and ten new politicians come to power.
You see what I mean? Connections are only as strenuous as we are willing to allow them.

I set rules to go by, not always strict and not always difficult, and they create interesting dynamics. Most of all are when I break a rule, whether I am breaking a moral or simply making a choice. What difference does it make?

It doesn't, normally.

But sometimes I can't help but wonder if there are correlations between breaking a rule and a personal tragedy. A family misfortune and a morality destroyed.

If I set myself a goal and purposefully stray (fail) then am I doing something wrong? I mean that in the sense of judgement. Does it change who I am as a person? I suppose it does. I mean, surely it shows a weak persona if I cannot stick to a plan.

Finally, if you are punished (or feel that the event post-failure is connected to you) then does that mean you have taken the pain and are now back to neutral ground? How long can you hold a mistake in limbo for?

And how many more kittens are going to die without evidence to whether it was a selfish man's fault?

No comments:

Post a Comment