Tuesday 14 May 2013

Writers Writing About Writing

I don't write because I have to. I can get by without it. I don't continue to write because my life would lack any true form of entertainment, of course books will exist long after my own literary excursions.

I don't feel like I am the only worthy writer, neither do I believe I'll ever be the best. The best writers are those with a burning passion trying to prove a point that screams controversy but pleads sense. Some of the best writers are yet to come, fighting not a sole injustice but a horde of non-readers. Our greatest nemesis is the idle mind.

I write to ease an erratic wandering of my mind. I do it to answer a question, the only question that plagues my mind and the only one I don't expect to conclude in my lifetime. What's behind the curtain, and what does it tell us?

There is nothing more satisfying than playing God. There is freedom and there is power.

In this world, this parallel, I can play out any doodle, any philosophic quandary. We not only pander to the improbable, we can easily achieve the impossible. Day after day we change our environment, alter our personality, suffer atrocities for the sake of curiousity.

But there is one thing, after seemingly doing everything, we expect to happen. After playing God for so long, it is surely inevitable to expect someone to expand your own insight. A creator to the creator.

What I await is the flashing inspiration felt when a square met a cube. What I truly want is to reach an understanding greater than I am supposed. That is why I write. Only by creating can we learn what it is to be more aware than that which is created.

No comments:

Post a Comment