Tuesday 6 November 2012

Fall and Rise of Ideas

Well, this is me from the future writing. A different fellow to some degree, but we were all our past selves at some time.
 That brainwave I had became something non-existent. As excitable as it made me, it was detrimental to the story.
 So hello! Two years on and a few steps of progress. I still talk of the Nine-Novel-Trilogy, but somewhere along the line I may accept that I'd prefer to write them together and maybe even (cue gasp) not stretch them as far as the epic book saga of neuf.
 Mon dieu!

 Anyway! I've been sitting in the best Cafe in the world most of this morning (my morning consists normally from 11am to 2pm) writing a few snippets and researching a few others. But what could you research, when it is all in the mind? Oh, I see, you've been researching cranial studies of madness, the inner workings of the mind. No, dear Giraffe, I have been reading about Bhurma and North Korea.
 Of course! says the uneasy Giraffe. That makes sense, somewhere...

 Well, I have been studying my characters. I have looked at optimism, at pessimism, at the wary Nothing (so badly named, but I'm sure he doesn't have much to say about that), and I have lumped them together meaningfully. We all love our dystopian fiction, and I am looking at it. I am looking at speculative fiction and attempting to write a society that looks just out of our reach. Able to relate but not quite grab at it.

 Optimism is living at the forefront again, his happiness is his weapon. Pessimism is a miserable bastard, but where there once was cynical strength, he is now weak. Nothing, well, nothing hasn't done much since.

 So what does this mean to any of you strangers out there? It means that I am again one step in a direction that makes me think I can write this fictitious piece of reality. Give me ten years, I might even have a few sample chapters!

No comments:

Post a Comment